Sunday 27 May 2007

A new place to live

Dear Journal,

Yesterday I made a down-payment on a small house in the Canal District of New Babbage. I can not overstate the relief I am experiencing at having finally, after many restless wondering months, secured myself a place to call home. It is certainly a modest dwelling, but one I shall be proud to settle into and make my own.

The strange mix of excitement and contentment I felt when moving in precluded immediate sleep. I found myself at work manifesting the Fair Organ for which I have been gathering media over a period of many weeks. It is a modest undertaking, much as is the property within which I now quarter, but one I feel may hold the seed of a future an independent livelihood. Oh how I long to be free of the gracious but entrapping patronage of my other life self.

Finally I should mention a neighbour who's cross-wise adjacent house is already bedecked with some of the most beautiful photographs. I hope soon to meet Miss Natacha Chernov the tenant of the property and creator of said imagery. I hesitate to say that if the photographs of her that I have seen thus far are faithful representations, then I await with great anticipation the opportunity to meet such a marvellous example of the female species.

Good night Journal.

No comments: